Dia Beacon has an immediate opportunity for a Building Associate with experience in building maintenance and construction. As part of the Operations Department, the Building Associate will be responsible for performing various duties related to building and grounds maintenance as well as construction projects including framing, hanging sheet rock, painting, site preparation and light electrical. Hours for this position are Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Flexibility to work occasional on-call hours is helpful.
- Perform repairs and general maintenance of building structure and systems. Perform facility inspections, help troubleshoot issues and perform preventive and corrective maintenance
- Under the guidance of the Facilities Manager, may help with maintenance of more complex building systems including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and fire/life safety
- Complete work orders in a timely manner and document all work performed
- Assist with gallery-floor construction and site preparation for exhibits and performances as required
- Assist with grounds maintenance including snow removal, de-icing and lawn maintenance
- Set up and break down event and meeting space to include loading, unloading, moving, and arranging tables, chairs, and equipment
- Safely use, operate, and maintain equipment required for the job including forklifts, scissor lifts, pallet jacks, ladders, scaffolding, and other miscellaneous equipment
- Monitor and assist outside vendors and contractors, as needed
- Maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal ordinances and codes relevant to the job
- Participate in all mandatory training related to safety and emergency procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Facility Manager
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Prior hands-on experience with building maintenance and construction to perform the essential functions of the job
- Working knowledge of all shop tools and machinery as well as safety procedures both in the shop and on site
- Working knowledge of fire and security systems
- Must be able to follow direction and manage tasks independently and in conjunction with team members
- Must have demonstrable knowledge of safety practices, including proper lifting techniques and proper and safe use of tools and machinery
- Must be a quick learner, able to move between projects easily and reliably
- Must work well in a professional, fast-paced office environment
Qualified applicants may apply for this position by emailing a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Building Associate” as the subject heading. No phone calls or emails to addresses other than to the one specified.
Dia provides a generous benefits package including health, life, and disability insurance plans and a 401(k) plan with company match. Time-off benefits include three weeks of vacation, ten days of sick leave, and paid days off in lieu of holidays worked. Additionally, staff ID badges gain reduced or free admission to most American museums and arts organizations. Employees have the opportunity to learn about Dia Beacon’s collection through presentations by artists, curators, historians, and writers.
Deadline: February 28, 2020. Applicants are invited to apply as soon as possible.
Dia Art Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.